Taking care of oral health of your pet is as important as you take care of your own. Most pets are taken to the veterinarian, due to the dental problems. In order to help prevent your dog or cat’s from developing dental health problems, you have to rid his or her teeth from dental plaque and tartar. That’s where regular brushing comes in! Here are some five steps to brush your canine and feline.
Five Steps To Brush Your Pet’s Teeth
Touch your pets mouth parts such as teeth, lips and gums from time to time. Dip a finger into beef bouillon (for dogs) or tuna water (for cats) and gently rub along your pet’s gums and teeth. Massage in a circular motion only about few seconds, lift and pull the lips gently from side to side. This will help him/her to get familiar with the touch and will not have problem while brushing.
Use Finger Brush (Pet Dent Finger Brush) or toothbrush (Pet Dent Toothbrush) which is specifically designed for four legged animals. The brush should be held at 45 degree angle to the tooth surface and be moved circular motion. You need to scrub in the gum line, as this is where odor or infection begin.
Use toothpaste which is formulated for furry pals such as Pet Dent Toothpaste. It is a highly palatable malt-flavored dental paste, which is suitable for dogs and cats. This helps to remove the build up of plaque, tartar and prevents the mouth, gum diseases and bad breath. There are no side effects, if toothpaste is swallowed by the pet.
You can rinse the mouth or use the Pet Dent Oral Gel during brushing the teeth, this will help to keep the mouth free from odor, prevent from dental diseases and freshen the mouth of your beloved pet.
Make sure you keep consistency in cleaning you fur baby’s teeth on regular basis. You can brush at least 2 to 3 times a week. It is important to add brushing your pet in schedule, so that you can keep him free from many tooth and gum diseases.
If you find any kind of signs such as bad breath, swollen or bleeding gums, loss of appetite, yellow or brown tartar deposits in the gum line or excessive drooling. Make sure you take your pet to the veterinarian. Your vet may recommend a professional dental cleaning to be done.
Every pet owner needs to take the small steps to add a little glam to their beloved pet’s life. Whether you have a cat or a dog, look for some creative ideas, where you can make some changes in their food stations and also help to minimize the mess of food and water bowls. Take a look at this brilliant ideas of the most creative pet food stations and try make it one for your pet.
Some time it happens when we are busy and don’t notice, what is near our leg and kick it accidentally such as the pet bowls. If you have this problem you can plan to hang the feeders and and eliminate the problem of kicking the pet bowls.
Drawer Turned To Pet Food Station:
If you have an empty drawer of your cabinet, turn that in to pet food station. This will give a classy look and will be able to place it back in the place after he has done eating. With this you can the save the place and keep it clean.
Cat Food Shelf:
This can be a great idea, if you have dog and cat in your house. If your dog always try to eat the food of your kitty, this can be a perfect way to place the food shelf on top for you feline. So that your doggy won’t get to it.
Picnic Basket Food Bowl Holder:
If you don’t use the old picnic basket anymore, you can design it to hold the bowls one for water and one for food. You also use it as food storage unit.
Old Ceramic Bowls
If you have stacked old ceramic bowls lying in a corner of cupboard, which you don’t use them, paint it and stack them for your cute elevated pet dishes. Perfect if you have some old cereal bowls that you no longer use; paint them and stack them for cute elevated pet dishes!
Adjustable Food Station For Growing Puppy:
If you have large breed dog and you know he will grow tall enough, you can plan to prepare adjustable feeding station for your pet. Here, you can adjust the height of the stand according to your growing puppy, so that he don’t find any difficulty while eating. This fantastic pet feeder will take your pet all the way from being a puppy to a full grown dog.
Hope you have got great ideas, to convert the vintage and stacked things in a beautiful pet food station. Enjoy making one of your favorite feeding station for your pet. All the best!!
Mostly people have only the knowledge of the risks posed by the warm weather. But do you know that the cold weather can pose serious threats to your furry pal’s health. It is important that you take more care about your pet during the cold weather. Here are some of the ways to protect your canine friend as follows:
Effective Tips To Caring Your Dog In Cold Weather
1. Dogs should not be kept outdoors during the cold weather. They can get frostbitten ears, noses and feet, if left outside. You can take them out only when necessary.
2. If you are keeping your dog out for some period of time, make sure that you provide him an elevated dog house with clean, dry bedding and a flap over the opening to keep drafts out. Don’t forget to attach the door to the dog house, to protect him from the cold weather.
3. Keep checking the water bowls to ensure, that the water is not frozen. Avoid using metal bowls, or your dog’s tongue can stick to frozen metal.
4. If your dog gets wet from rain and snow, gently towel or blow dry your dog. Clean and dry the paws, as well to avoid the tiny cuts and cracked pads.
5. It’s better to avoid taking your pet on driveways and sidewalks, as there will be chemicals used to melt the snow and ice. This can be dangerous to your pet, as it can burn the paws, mouth and belly after a walk.
6. Large breed and long haired dogs that are well acclimated, may need or wish to spend more time outside. Dog kennels provide temporary shelter, but prolonged periods of extreme cold are still unwise.
7. Small breeds, thin dogs, shaved or short coated dogs are especially vulnerable to the cold. They should wear a sweater or coat outside and shouldn’t be outside unattended or for too long.
8. Animals under the age of four months cannot regulate body temperature well and will need to be kept indoors.
Adjust your pet’s diet as necessary. If your dog spends a lot of time outside, he may need more calories in the winter to produce body heat. If your dog spends most of his time indoors and has a decrease in activity, he may require fewer calories. When in doubt, always ask your vet about seasonal diet changes.
If, despite these precautions your pet suffers from exposure to the cold, wrap them up in a blanket and go to your veterinarian as soon as possible.
Cats are love of our lives and most of us just adore their presence. But, when we find that our cat is deaf, it is the most difficult situation to tackle. Though, they lack hearing capability, their vision is quite tact and this helps them to stay alert and well informed. Moreover, their vision is too inclined towards movement and to our surprise, even the slightest movement, your cat can detect.
Your cat can easily pick up a cat kiss, a small smile, a single finger gesture, all across from the room. This shows hearing loss does not make her totally depended on others. For humans, we have an added benefit of sign language but for our feline friends, it is really a complicated thing.
Sign Language & Gestures Can Help Your Deaf Cat
Though it’s quite tough for cats to learn sign language but you can take special care of your deaf cat.
- Do not tap a deaf cat if you are looking to get their attention while they are sleeping. This may startle them or aggravate them or may be nervous and less confident. Instead of that, you can walk near them and tap the floor – feeling those vibrations and gently start waking up.
- If your kitty’s awake, then any of you can turn lights off and on or try waving to get her attention.
- Always keep your deaf cat indoors. If want to keep them outdoors, keep them in supervised outdoor area. They can’t hear any noises – whether it is about animal noise or vehicle noise. It is really very dangerous if they are out on their own. Sometimes, on the road, it can be even fatal. It’s irresponsible to just leave them on their own when they can’t hear anything around them in this world.
- Adding a new furry member – a dog or a cat is not a great idea since deaf cat can feel threatened.
- Consider adding a bell to their neck, so that you can always locate them.
Have you ever come across such situation where you need to communicate with a deaf cat? or how well have you trained your cat to listen through your sign gestures? To help other cat owners, we are eager to learn more from you.
Cats get anxious and nervous, when there is something change in the daily routine or by separation. Sometimes the stress in cats can manifest in some destructive, annoying behaviors. In order to deal and calm your stressed cat take a look at this awesome approved tips, which will help you to alleviate your cat’s anxiety.
HelpFul Tips To Deal With Anxiety In Cats
Blindfold Your Kitty’s Eyes:
You need to cover your cat’s eyes, when her sense of sight is temporarily removed with a blindfold, she is no longer affected by what she sees. This makes her instinct remain calm to better assess input through her other senses.
Hold Your Cat Delicately By Her Scruff:
Grab the scruff of your cat, that is the loose patch of skin where her head connects to her neck. Grabbing her from this part will work as pausing button for her. Ensure, that you don’t pick your kitty up by holding her scruff to tightly or she can get injured.
Sing A Song:
Singing can be a great way of transmitting the emotions to your feline. As you start singing they will listen and try to determine, what are you trying to communicate to her. If you put a habit of singing a song when giving her love, comfort her when she is sick, she will come to know that everything is alright.
Give A Hiding Place:
When the cats are anxious they need a place to hide, which makes them feel safe. In the same way, you can provide a hiding place for your kitty to make her feel there is nothing such a thing that will harm her. Cats behave like kids, if they can’t see you, they think that even you can’t see them.
Bring A Cat Tree:
You can provide your kitty a cat tree, as she keeps looking for a high place where dogs or humans don’t reach her and to escape the danger. She instinctively knows that gaining significant height helps her see greater distances than when she is on ground. Additionally, take advantage of some of the recommended cat behavior treatment and cat calming, so that it will give relief physically and mentally and your kitty will be happy soon.
Now you can easily deal with your anxious cat and make her feel better by following the above approved tips.
Festive season is in full swing just waiting for you to take a ride and enjoy your vacation in full-fledge. And, going out for a holiday with your four-legged friend is just like an added cream and if your travel destination is pet-friendly then it is to cut a cake and have it.
So, to help you select the best pet-friendly destination to enjoy with your furry pal, here we have pinned the road map with the top cities to visit.
Most Pet Friendly Cities in the U.S. America – 2016 / 2017
A proximity to rich Disney World, Orlando provides a fairyistic opportunity for all including your four-legged members to have fun. The land opens up the gateway for people to bring their furry pals along with them on vacation.
With its pet-friendly arena, the city boosts some of the world’s most extravagant pet-friendly hotels, along with an exclusive collection of dog sitters and groomers.
Well-known as Rose City, Portland has everything unearthed to bring in the real joy for the pets. Booming with 30 and more off-leash parks and an unbelievable number of pet massage therapists, the city welcomes pets showering love. Furry pals are welcomed all over the city offering more fun-filled activities for you and your pooch to engage in.
Las Vegas, NV
With all its booties, beauties and bars, it welcomes you to explore its pet friendly restaurants, hotels, bars and parks. With an exclusive grandeur for furry pals, the city hosts lavish parties for four-legged friends treating them with exotic treats and dishes. Lanes embedded with pet spas and clubs, the people of Las Vegas have that special nerve to shower incredible love upon pooches and kitties. They also care their loving pets with essential pet supplies and pet health treats to maintain their fitness and stamina.
Being little weird, the city has over the top love for furry pals. From pet spas, pet parks, and pet saloons, the city houses everything to spoil your pet and take them along fun filled activities. This hipster town is specially known for its food trucks, mouth-watering food and moreover, pets can even get more fun with fun trucks. If you love yoga, then pose for Austin Doga with your dog. This is the best city to have fun and enjoy with your dog as acclaimed by some of the pet magazines including Dog Fancy Magazine.
Though home for rainy weather, it gives no chance of depression for pets on visit. The hub for number of pet groups, Seattle opens up a wide arena with a huge pet-loving parks along with pet-coming-along culture.
San Diego, CA
Being as the America’s finest city, San Diego offers terrific weather conditions, pet friendly parks and beaches and bundle of pet services to cherish with your furry pal. The city center hosts Surf Dog Competition, which is a thrill to watch.
Phoenix in Arizona is extremely pet-friendly. Famous for the love for the pawed companions, Phoenix have tons of pet stores, restaurants, trails, parks and activities for dogs. Every year, the greater Phoenix valley also organizes numerous pet events. The city with warmth welcomes pets everywhere, wherever you go.
With these cities to enjoy with your furry pals, Get Set GO!!! Start preparing your bucket list of activities that you would love to do with your lovable companions and get onto the heels to prepare for the holidays.
Well, have we missed any of your pet-friendly city. Do share with us.
It has been observed that dog noses have the same kind of mystery that cat eyes possess. It is very difficult to know the exact reason for the felines to see in the dark and why is their pupils usually diamond-shaped? It is also not known how dogs are able to pick up the scent in the snow or sense fear? The other puzzle is the dog’s nose always being wet. This puzzle has really baffled people since ages. In this write-up you will understand the very reasons for dog’s nose being always moist and the reason for it to be an important facet of his anatomy.
If you might have observed the nose of your doggy it will mostly be damp and cool. The reason for that it is pups love to sniff, lick, cuddle and nuzzle us nose-first, which causes damp-stamp where their schnoz has been. Let us now look at some of the reasons for a dog’s nose to be wet:
- Dogs have wet noses due to the fact that they secrete mucus. That is the very reason you might have observed that dog noses get a little runny now and then. The other thing is that dogs constantly lick their noses. This is done to ensure that their noses get soiled easily when the dog snuffles around grassy gardens or down dirty holes. Licking it also assists the dog in cleaning it.
- A wet nose assists the doggy in detecting the scent. The layer of moisture absorbs scent chemicals, and by licking the nose, the dog’s tongue is able to bring these back to the olfactory glands in the mouth’s roof. This assists them to better assess their environment and track odors.
- A wet nose aids the dog to cool down. It works as a sweat glands in other parts of the dog’s body. Dogs cool off through the sweat glands in their paws, through panting and by licking their noses.
If you see that your doggy has a dry nose there can be a number of reasons for it. He might have woken up from a long peaceful snooze in a warm house. If he is dehydrated from running around strenuously in the sun, the nose might be dry to conserve moisture in the body. If he has a dry or chapped nose it can be due to age or while they are standing near a heater, direct sunlight or fireplace. The dryness does not clearly show that the doggy is facing any health issues apart from dehydration. So, if you see this condition in your pooch, give him plenty of water to drink and rejuvenate.
Dry nose can be a concern if:
- The doggy has a low appetite
- He seems uninterested in anything or is fatigued frequently
- The dog has a mucus runny nose
- You can see a flaky dry, cracked of scabby skin around the nose
For more inspirational and pet care blogs : https://www.budgetpetcare.com/blog/