Antifreeze – great for your engine but lethal to your pets!

Watch out for Antifreeze this Winter whilst you’re out on walks with your dog as the solution can be lethal to animals if consumed. Spills of this liquid are common in winter months on driveways as car owners perform engine maintenance.

Acute cases of antifreeze poisoning often show as if the animal is intoxicated with alcohol. This is an emergency situation, and life threatening within hours. See your veterinarian immediately; the outlook depends on how quickly treatment can be administered.

Antifreeze is a brightly colored, syrup-like liquid that has a sweet, appealing taste for your pooch. If you think your dog is likely to consume it, keep him on a lead at all times and one eye fixed firmly on him, it might just save his life.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s