Home > Dogs, First Aid > Antifreeze – great for your engine but lethal to your pets!

Antifreeze – great for your engine but lethal to your pets!

December 16, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Watch out for Antifreeze this Winter whilst you’re out on walks with your dog as the solution can be lethal to animals if consumed. Spills of this liquid are common in winter months on driveways as car owners perform engine maintenance.

Acute cases of antifreeze poisoning often show as if the animal is intoxicated with alcohol. This is an emergency situation, and life threatening within hours. See your veterinarian immediately; the outlook depends on how quickly treatment can be administered.

Antifreeze is a brightly colored, syrup-like liquid that has a sweet, appealing taste for your pooch. If you think your dog is likely to consume it, keep him on a lead at all times and one eye fixed firmly on him, it might just save his life.

Advertisements
Categories: Dogs, First Aid Tags: , ,
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: