This pleasant, apple-scented shampoo specifically designed for cats and dogs has been said to be a revolutionary pet care product, due to its gentle but effective action. The shampoo is pH balanced with all natural ingredients that is kind on the skin and coat. The 2% acetic acid provides antibacterial properties, while the addition of 2% boric acid can treat yeast activity on the skin and coat.
How often you should bathe your dog is dependent on the dog’s breed and coat type. The general recommendations are as follows:
- for silky, long coated dogs, bathe once every 3 to 6 weeks
- for double or undercoat dogs, bathe once every 4 to 8 weeks
- for non-shedding curly coated dogs, bathe once 6 to 8 weeks
- for smooth coated dogs, bathe no less than once in 8 weeks, or as needed
- for wiry coated terriers, bathe once every 4 to 6 weeks
Shampoos specifically designs for pets are recommended over human shampoos by vets and other animal specialists, as human shampoos can hurt your dog’s skin. Even baby shampoo can be too strong for your dog and cause soreness and irritation. This shampoo safe to use on your dog or cat, no matter what age or breed and you can buy Malacetic shampoo from BudgetPetCare for just $15.77 with free shipping.